December!

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: December!

Post by Sílvia »

The Last Cuentista is slow going (though I haven't given it up yet.)

Then I read Rock Paper Scissors, which I really disliked. My first and probably only one by this author (though I usually give an author 2 tries. We'll see.) I thought it was slow and not very thrilling at all for a thriller. I just didn't care where the story was going and only finished it because it was an easy read.

Then I read Uncharted Waters, a short story by Sally Hepworth. It was readable. I'm not really a short story person, but they're good for when you're in between books and can't decide what's next.

I also started another YA sci-fi, Timebound by Rysa Walker. The synopsis sounded right up my alley, but I'm finding the beginning a bit confusing. I think I just need to spend a good solid hour with it to see how I feel, as opposed to 15 minutes before I pass out, you know? We'll see.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Where the heck is everyone?

I gave up on both YA sci-fi. Neither was working. Then I read Freida McFadden's Ward D, which was utter crap. Her books are usually trashy but fun, but this one was just trashy.

Not sure what's next, but I need something decent to remind me of why I like reading.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished A Night Boat to Tangier. Meh.

Then I read Bachelor Girl by I can't remember who. Interesting premise. It was ok.

I have to get more books; there are some waiting for me at the library.

Edit: picked up Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld today and I am already halfway through it. Something to do on the drive tomorrow.

Edit: never mind, I finished it last night. :D