What are you reading (Apr 2006)?

Moderator: Malanee

aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

What are you reading (Apr 2006)?

Post by aly »

Good grief, people. It's April 10 and we didn't have a new topic! :faint

I just finished Smart Couples Finish Rich and Derailed on audio.

I just started Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Solution and once I finish that I need to re-evaluate and see what's next to read.

I started listening to Diary on audio and couldn't get into it. I didn't like the person reading it (had the voice of a 60 year old lounge lizard smoker lady) and all the "blah blah blah when this happens take a drink" stuff started pissing me off. :lol Maybe I need to read the actual book. I find that out sometimes...the audio just doesn't get me or the person reading it doesn't suck me in and I need to try the printed version.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

D'oh. I posted in the old topic...

*copy* *paste*

I liked Zippy, Ruth. You're safe... FOR NOW. :lol

I just started The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald. (She of Fall on Your Knees fame.) It's really good, her writing is excellent and I'm enjoying the little historical references, some of them Canadian.

The only sucky thing is that I'm reading the hardcover version and it's about 500 pounds. It's really annoying to hold upright, and I can't take it anywhere because it doesn't fit in my purse, and I don't dare read it in bed because I might fall asleep and it will crush me. :lol
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

I'm reading Maps for Lost Lovers by Nadeem Aslam. It's for this new book club I joined. It's starting out slow . . . kind of reminds me of how I felt when I started The Kite Runner.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I'm re-reading Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein. Love that book. I've probably read it 5 times.

I looked at our book club list and I'm going to skip the next book (Odd Girl Out). It doesn't look like anything that would interest me.

Oh, and on audio I'm listening to "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. It's good so far!
aly

Post by aly »

I just copied and pasted the first line from your last topic, Crystal. :smug
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

:booty LOL
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I'm reading The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes, a British author. It's a family drama and it's got me sucked right in.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I just started The Warden by Anthony Trollope. Dammit people, nineteenth-century British humour is GOOD. Read some! :sumo

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

This month I read At First Sight (Nicholas Sparks) which was ok and Mad River Road (Joy Fielding) which I really liked.

I just finished My Friend Leonard (James Frey) - I loved it. I haven't read Million Little Pieces (I'm 19 on the wait list at the library) but I'm assuming this is the sequel? I know, I know all the controversy about it but I read it as fiction.

I need to start something new - I can't remember what's in my pile.
chickenlittle
Poster Extraordinaire

Post by chickenlittle »

I'm about to start What's the Matter With Kansas?
aly

Post by aly »

I finished Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution and started Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (same guy who wrote Everything is Illuminated) and it's cute so far. I'm about halfway through. It reminds me of The Curious Incident except the boy isn't autistic.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I'm just about done Stranger in a Strange Land. I don't know what I'll read next - I'll either pick something off my shelf or buy something at the airport.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I just finished Learning Curves by Gemma Townley and am now reading Rococo by Adriana Trigiani. I love her writing.
aly

Post by aly »

I just started Confessions of a Video Vixen and it is already sucking me in.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I read most of "The Broker" by John Grisham on my business trip.