What are you reading? (May 2006)

Moderator: Malanee

Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

Oh, and I'm also reading Love in the Time of Cholera. Did I say that already?

I'm reading even more now that I don't have cable at home.
Happiness is an inside job.
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

I stopped listening to Odd Girl Out. It was so dry and boring...if I hear the phrase "aggression in girls" one more time I might scream. :tearhair I'm listening to The Rape of Nanking now, and it's interesting but really sad.

I'm also still reading Confessions of Max Tivoli while pumping. I interrupt it occasionally to breeze through the latest US Weekly however. :smug
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I just got Life of Pi from my folks on the weekend. But I'm still in the middle of Prizzi's Honor, so I'm all torn about what to do. I'm hoping I can get a lot of reading done this weekend when we're on vacation.

My dad said Life of Pi sucked (which sucks, because I bought it for him as a gift). I hope I disagree!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Ruth, Love in the Time of Cholera is one of my favorite books ever. Are you enjoying it?

I'm reading The History of Love. I'm only on page 22, but so far I'm loving her style. I think it'll live up to the hype! Has anyone read it?
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I'm reading Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik. It's reminding me of the Ya Ya's.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

Sílvia wrote:Ruth, Love in the Time of Cholera is one of my favorite books ever. Are you enjoying it?

I'm reading The History of Love. I'm only on page 22, but so far I'm loving her style. I think it'll live up to the hype! Has anyone read it?
I'm loving it - but taking it slow. It's very dense.

I liked History of Love - although it is a bit depressing.
Happiness is an inside job.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finally finished Prizzi's Honor last night, and am about to start into Life of Pi.

I was kind of disappointed in Prizzi's Honor. There was a review in huge letters on the cover that said "The surprise ending will knock your reading glasses off!". And at the end, I wasn't that surprised. I think the review built up my expectations too much.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

This weekend was a good reading weekend:

Babyville - Jane Greene -- This was ok. Sometimes I really like her books and sometimes they're just meh.

Dumping Billy - Olivia Goldsmith - This was really good although I felt it pushed the gay man as best friend thing a little hard. It just seemed forced - otherwise the storyline (any woman who dates this guy Billy and gets dumped by him will be proposed to by her next boyfriend).

Next in "the pile" is Alice Hoffman's Ice Queen - has anyone read it?
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

Currently listening to Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. I love it! I am laughing out loud. :lol It's really a "must listen to" as it's read by the author.

Starting The Sociopath Next Door in print. Anyone heard of this? Seems really interesting. Annie?

Also listening to Freakonomics.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Aly, what do you think of Freakonomics? I was pretty fascinated by it.

I'm reading Anybody out there? by Marian Keyes. She's a fun Irish author.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I'm reading Lost in a Good Book, the sequal to The Eyre Affair. Fun and light, yet literary. I like it. :smug
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading The Historian and I'm totally hooked!