Moderator: Malanee

Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Fnished the sister book now I'm going to start The Starter Wife
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I just finished Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster. It was pretty funny but nothing super special.

I'm reading Diary of a Fat Brides: Tales from a Pretend Adulthood by Laurie Naturo (sp?). It's really funny. I already have the next book - I Love Everyone (and other lies)

I want to get Heat By Bill Bufford but the crack staff at Barnes and Noble couldn't find it the last time I was in there.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

mellenhead wrote:I just finished Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster. It was pretty funny but nothing super special.
Would you recommend that? I started to skim through it at the bookstore, but the author seemed so obnoxious I didn't think I'd enjoy reading the book.

I'm reading Diary of a Fat Brides: Tales from a Pretend Adulthood by Laurie Naturo (sp?). It's really funny. I already have the next book - I Love Everyone (and other lies)
Okay - about this "Fat Bride" business - is she really actually fat or just lamenting a few extra pounds? THAT will determine if I read the book!
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Lady Bug wrote:
mellenhead wrote:I just finished Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster. It was pretty funny but nothing super special.
Would you recommend that? I started to skim through it at the bookstore, but the author seemed so obnoxious I didn't think I'd enjoy reading the book.

She was a bit obnoxious, but realizes how horrible she's acted by the end of the book. It's a good fluff read. I loaned it to a friend, but I'll be glad to send it to you when I get it back.
Lady Bug wrote:
mellenhead wrote: I'm reading Diary of a Fat Brides: Tales from a Pretend Adulthood by Laurie Naturo (sp?). It's really funny. I already have the next book - I Love Everyone (and other lies)
Okay - about this "Fat Bride" business - is she really actually fat or just lamenting a few extra pounds? THAT will determine if I read the book!
These books are actually like a bunch of short stories. The book isn't really about being a fat bride and her wedding, it's about her getting married and not feeling like an adult and adjusting to being married. It really is funny. Here's a link to amazon with reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037576 ... oding=UTF8
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Thanks, Mellen!
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Just finished Starter Wife, it was ok, really not my kind of book but ok.

Now on to Deception Point.