What are you reading now? (August 2006)

Moderator: Malanee

Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

What are you reading now? (August 2006)

Post by Crystal Meth »

C'est Aout! Whatcha reading?

I just started a book called "Everything Bad is Good for You". I just heard this guy speak in Banff. His book discusses how pundits like to say that TV is the downfall of society and makes people stupid, but if you actually look at the intricacies of shows today (i.e. Lost, 24) and how they make you think much more than say, The Honeymooners, TV is actually getting much, much smarter.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

I am re-reading The Poisonwood Bible. Love that book!!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Stacy, I LOVED The Poisonwood Bible! Gotta reread it one of these days.

I'm reading a Jonathan Kellerman (Therapy). Good brain candy after the book I was reading in Spanish. I could almost smell my brain cells burning.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Stacy wrote:I am re-reading The Poisonwood Bible. Love that book!!
One of my absolute favorites!

I'm planning to buy The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain tonight.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I'm *still* working on "The Mirror Maze" and "Everything is Illuminated".
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

I just finished Coffee Will Make You Black by April Sinclair and then started The Destruction of Young Lawyers - a series of essays by a law school professor about how law school, the bar, and legal practice breaks young lawyers. I am also reading What Should I Do With My Life on and off . . . the author gets on my nerves. I can only take the book in doses. I did enjoy the audiobook, but that only had 15 out of the 60 or so stories in the book.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I'm reading The Virgin's Knot and I just finished the newest in the Laurie R. King mystery novels about Mary Russel - Sherlock Holmes wife, called Locked Doors. I loved it!

I also read Simply Divinen - which was a great brain candy book.

On my list:

Farm Fatale

What's our next book club book?
Happiness is an inside job.
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

I just finished The Debutante Divorce by Plum Sykes and now I'm listening to Bergdorf Blondes. I need to pick up a few more audios though because I'm running low and I want to listen to something different. This is probably my fifth chick lit in a row and at least the third socialite chick lit in a row. I'm going to be sick soon! :pow :sick
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I've been on a roll this week. I finished Marley and Me which was cute and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time which I also liked.

Up next is a Chuck Paluniak (sp?) novel, Choke. He's the guy who wrote Fight Club and apparently he's amazing. This will be my first of his novels although I did see Fight Club.

I'm 10 away from 50 books in 2006. Last year I was at 46 and completely bummed that I couldn't get to 50. It's well within reach this year. I know... :nerd