What are you reading now? (October)

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

What are you reading now? (October)

Post by Blush »

I tried to read Fannie Flagg's new one (Can't wait to get to Heaven). I loved her other ones, including Fried Green Tomatoes.... This one just stopped me cold though. The characters were annoying the crap out of me.

I have "Queen of Babble" by Meg Cabot to try next. We'll see.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I picked up "The Zero Game" by Brad Meltzer from the markdown table when I needed a book to read to keep me occupied while I was waiting for floor guys to come to my house. So far it's a real page-turner. One thing happened that completely shocked the hell out of me!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes. I'm enjoying it. So far I'm finding it a lot funnier than Sushi for Beginners. In a more bitter way.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Queen of Babble was ok, but you can totally tell Meg Cabot usually writes for younger readers (Princess Diaries).

Then I read The Curse of the Singles Table: A True Story of 1001 nights without Sex by Suzanne Schlosberg. I read it in a day; I couldn't put it down. Hilarious and hit home for me.

Now I'm reading Sweet Ruin by Cathy Hanauer.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Only 1001 nights? Lightweight. :lol

Anyhoo... I'm reading a chicklit called "Slightly Single" and I find it really bad. This woman is crying like she just killed kittens because her BF is going away for two months. Her LIFE is OVER without him. :loony I'm hoping she'll learn to find herself by the end, but right now it's pretty over-the-top...
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

I'm getting ready to start The Color Purple. Can you believe that I've never read that book? (But I can quote the entire movie for you in my sleep!)

UPDATE:

I started the book last night and I'm really enthralled. It's interesting to get inside the mind of Celie as opposed to just watching her on the screen. This is really an incredible book. Alice Walker = genius!
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

The Tattoed Girl by JOyce CArol Oates, just started it, so I don't know if I like it yet or not.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I've been in a Sci Fi mood and just finished and would highly recommend:

The Man in The Maze (Silververg)
Magic Street (Orson Scott Card)
The Very Best of 2005 Science Fiction (short stories)
Nebula Awards Showcase 2006 (sci fi short stories)

I've also read Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra and I'm trying to read Mallory's Oracle, although I can't get into it. I think I'm in a Sci Fi mood these days. Thank goodness I have about 10 more sci fi books in my stack!
:yikes
Happiness is an inside job.